The RapidMix 600C Mobile Mixing Plant has been designed to be totally mobile and completely self-contained with its own power source. It is also completely self-erecting, using the hydraulic system to change the plant from its travel mode into a fully operational plant in a few hours.
The RapidMix 600C plants are volumetric continuous mixing systems capable of mixing up to 600 tons per hour depending on the application. The plant is designed for any mixing application where a cement or binder needs to be mixed into a base material. Products such as Roller Compacted Concrete, Cement Treated Base, Bentonite, Contaminated Soil Stabilisation can all be mixed in this machine. View our full range of mixing plants, parts and components at Gulf Atlantic Equipment.
RapidMix 600C Mobile Mixing Plant Dimensions
- Length of Machine when ready for transporting 63′-11″(19.5m)
- Width of Machine 9 ‘-10″ (3.00 m)
- Height of Machine (When ready for transporting) 13 ‘-5″ (4.1 m)
- Weight of Machine total 80,000 lbs (Approx.)
- Weight on Rear Tri-axles 55,000 lbs (Approx.)
- Weight on Front Pin 25,000 lbs (Approx.)
- Height of Machine (When Erected) 41-45′
- Length of Machine (When Erected) 70-7’
Aggregate Hopper w/ Variable Speed Belt Feeder
- Capacity: 15.6 cu yds (12.0 m3 )
- Loading Width: 14 ft 2½ ins (4330 mm). Can be loaded from either side of Hopper.
- Construction: S275 plate with stiffening ribs. Steep sides for stubborn materials. (60-degree end slopes).
- Removable Division Plate: Removable divider allows for two separate materials.
- Lining: For a smooth discharge of the materials, surfaces are fitted with low friction high molecular polyethylene lining material 1/2” (12mm thickness).
- Adjustable Gates: The outlet is fitted with adjustable gates to enable the material height and ratio on the conveyor belt to be adjusted manually.
- Belt Feeder: The conveyor is fitted with a heavy-duty, automatic variable speed, 3 ply 1200mm (4’) belt at the bottom of the hopper to provide feed from the hopper to the mixer. Adjustable rubber skirts and heavy-duty support rollers are also provided.
Twin Shaft Continuous Mixer
- Mixing Action: Twin adjustable 110 r.p.m shafts mix the material.
- Paddles: Twin horizontal mixing shafts with 72 Ni-Hard cast paddles are intermeshed and phased to optimize mixing action and output.
- Cleaning and Maintenance Access: Maximum access for maintenance and cleaning operations. The mixer is fitted with hinged access covers to give access to all of the mixing chamber. Hydraulic cylinders open both sides of the mixing chamber.
- Drive: The shafts are driven by (2) 55 kW (75 HP) electric motors. A reduction gearbox with twin gears synchronize the shafts.
- Mixing Chamber: A troughed conveyor under the mixer forms the bottom of the mixer. The mixing chamber is formed by fabricated sloped sides.
- Water Addition: A Siemens flow meter controls 2 ball valve spray bars fitted into the top of the mixer. This allows the water to be added to the material as it progresses along the mixer.
- Clean-out Conveyor: Mounted on the bottom of the mixer, forming the bottom of the mixing chamber. This design allows the bottom of the mixer to be easily cleaned out at the jobs completion.
RapidMix 600C Mobile Mixing Plant Cement Binder/Silo
- Capacity: 48 US tons based on material being 1500 kg/m3 (93.64 lbs/ft3). Up to 70 t.p.h. throughput.
- Construction: Square silo. All welded box section S275 plate with stiffening ribs.
- Access to Roof: Folding access ladder with safety cage. Fitted with double tubular handrail and kicking strip. Silo top access hatch.
- Outlet: Flanged to accommodate the rotary valve paddle feeder. A shut-off plate is used to close the silo outlet to for maintenance.
- Silo Venting: 20m2 Reverse Jet Filter with fan assistance and pressure relief valve.
- Filling Pipes: (2) 4” (100mm) steel pipes with screwed end for fitting cam locks and other delivery hose fittings.
- Level Indication: Wam Torex rotating paddle style level indicators to control high and low level.
- Function: Transports mixed material from mixer to the truck. The conveyor handles the maximum feed rate from the mixer. A gob hopper fitted to the top end of the conveyor allows some mixed material to be held until the next truck arrives for collection.
- Construction: Boxed steel construction. Mounting brackets for rollers and pivot mechanism. The conveyor has a folding section for transportation.
- Belt: 1000mm (39.4”) 3 ply belt with vulcanized joint and heavy duty top cover.
- Drive: Motorized drum with rubber lagging.
- Belt Scraper: Polyurethane blade pre-cleaner scraper. Mounted on the face of the head drum.
- Belt Scale: A Ramsy belt scale is attached to the conveyor to monitor and control the feed rate and manage the output.
- Gob Hopper: S275 plate. 1.5 cu. yd. capacity. Attached to top of conveyor with pneumatic discharge doors to prevent segregation.
RapidMix 600C Mobile Mixing Plant On Board Water System
- Water Tank: A 1750 liter (462 US gals) is equipped with automatic shut off valve and galvanized steel piping.
- Pumps: Two positive displacement pumps are provided to supply the dual water spray bars within the mixer.
- Spray Bars: Each spray bar has a ball valve to allow the addition of water early and late in the mix. In addition, there is a calibration point for accurate water weighing.
- Flowmeter: The accuracy of the water dispensed between pumps and mixing chamber is measured by a Siemens flow meter.
The RapidMix 600C Mobile Mixing Plant is equipped with a compressor to provide air for the gob hopper doors and silo filter.
- 1/2″ solenoid operated spool valve for control of the gob hopper doors.
- 1/2″ filter/auto drain.
- 1/2″ regulator (complete with pressure gauge).
- 1/2″ lubricator.
Hydraulic Power Pack
Used to level the RapidMix 400CW Mobile Mixing Plant before erection and to erect Silo and out-loading conveyor.
- Electric Motor 11kW
- Drive Coupling
- Hydraulic Pump
- Subplate Pressure Relief Valve
- Directional Valve
- Oil Reservoir
- Filler Breather
- Level Gauge
- Return-Line Filter
RapidMix 600C Mobile Mixing Plant Control Panel
The operator panel consists of a series of push buttons to allow automatic and/or manual control of the following:
|Mixer||Clean Out Conveyor||Low Silo Alarm|
|Air Compressor||Silo Filter Fan||Low Water Alarm|
|Out load Conveyor||Internal Lighting||Alarm Mute|
|Aggregate conveyor||External Lighting||Emergency Stop|
|Silo Feeder||Gob Hopper Doors||Stop Reset|
|Water Pumps||Auxiliary Feeder||Panel Live Indicator|
|Hydraulic Power||High Silo Alarm||Generator Start|